Re: Extra Credit (was Where Have All the Boys Gone?)

I think more important than how much material is covered is how much
material is remembered. I remember some statistics that indicate that
students retain maybe 5% of what they hear in lecture course after 1 year.
I guess that amounts to about 5 minutes for a standard lecture.

I can suggest one change to your lectures: shorten them! A 100-minute
lecture is too long. There is a natural length for a physics lecture.
It is one microcentury.

Leigh