Re: Antimatter in the universe? (was "A question about mirrors")

In the late fifties P was shown to be violated in the famous
experiment of Wu et al, as we've been reminded here. A decade later
T was shown to be independently unsymmetrical in Nature, and by the
"CPT theorem" (which, being a theorem, I assume is absolutely true)
C must, therefore, not be a symmetry of Nature. Please correct any
misconceptions that might be evident in what I've written. If C is
not a symmetry of Nature (or, more properly, Natural law) then is
there hope that one might observe the electromagnetic radiation from
distant galaxies and discern some distinctive difference due to the
type of matter of which the galaxy is composed?

Howdy,

My impression was that P, C and therefor T violation (assuming CPT is
conserved) are a consequence of the weak interaction; the
electromagnetic interaction (at least to the first or second order?)
conserves P, C and T. If that is true then you shouldn't be able to
distinguish anti-matter and matter via electromagnetic radiation.
You'd have to use the weak interaction; e.g., looking at the
anti-neutrinos, etc., as you stated.

Good Luck,
--
Herb Schulz