Operation Physics

I'm looking for information on a program that was funded by NSF from
1987 to 1995 called Operation Physics (OpPhys) that was a direct
decendent of OOPS (Operation Primary Physical Science).

I have found so far web pages at Kent State, Southern Illinois, and
the The National Acacemies. I have found little detail, though.

If anyone out there has experience with this program, please contact
me directly (off-list). I would like to know:
1) What is the overall quality of the project?
2) How good is the match between the materials and the needs of the
participants?
3) Have there been long lasting benefits to the participants and
their students?

Please add any additional comments you have.

Thanks,
Bob

Bob Muir muirrob@uncg.edu
Physics & Astronomy 336-334-3255