Re: Cob Webs?

At 12:09 PM 7/12/00 -0500, cliff parker wrote:

How are cob webs formed?

By spiders.

What information does their structure provide as to their construction?

There are many details that provide much information. For example, some
strands are sticky and some are not.

But even more information about their construction comes from observing
their construction. This ain't hard to arrange; practically all spiders
spin a new web every day. (They eat the old one. Lots of yummy pollen
stuck on it. Plus the protein content if the web itself.)

My thoughts so far are along the line of static charge of dust particles.

Huh? Are we talking about ordinary cob webs, or something else?