From: "William Beaty" <billb@ESKIMO.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2000 4:31 PM
Subject: Plucked strings
. . .
I remember seeing frames from high-speed movie of a plucked string a
couple of years ago. . . The movie of the plucked string looked
something like this below. Note
the odd "flat top" of the string's shape which grows and shrinks.
. . .
Initial position
__--__
__-- --__
__-- --__
__-- --__
__-- --__

2nd frame
__----------__
__-- --__
__-- --__
__-- --__

3rd
__------------------__
__-- --__
__-- --__

4th

__--------------------------__
__-- --__

5th

__---------------------------------__

6th
__ __
---------------------------------

7th
__ __
--__ __--
--------------------------

8th
__ __
--__ __--
--__ __--
------------------

9th
__ __
--__ __--
--__ __--
--__ __--
--__ __--
--

. . .

)
William J. Beaty SCIENCE HOBBYIST
website
billb@eskimo.com http://www.amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits science projects, tesla, weird
science
Seattle, WA 206-781-3320 freenrg-L taoshum-L vortex-L
webhead-L