Re: A wave or not a wave ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ludwik Kowalski" <KowalskiL@MAIL.MONTCLAIR.EDU>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2000 7:34 AM
Subject: A wave or not a wave ?

Many Phys-L messages were devoted to inappropriate words
and phrases. I do not recall discussing waves in that context.
A phrase "waving a flag" has as much to do with physics as
the phrase "applying heat", both being used in a social context.
Likewise phrases such as "making waves" or " shaking the
boat", also in a social context, have very little to do with waves
in physics.

Ludwik, according to my uncle, Nicely, Nicely, the correct phrase is
"rocking the boat". So sit down before we all fall in.

Paul O. Johnson