Re: Where Have All the Boys Gone?

Dear Mr Ludwik Kowalski
I will be 10 years old in about two months, and I really don't need
anyone to help me compose what I want to say. It may take me many
drafts but in the end what I write will be OK. I'm sorry if I have
offend you by anything I said, I wished only to give a kids
perspective to something that I personally have experienced, and to
show that boys are causing their own problems and that they start at
it early in school.

My Mom makes me put my age with my signature so if I say something too
childish sounding that adults will not be too harsh in their reply.
:>)

Don't feel bad about doubting my age I have had to take a lot of
nonsense from adults and other kids. Even my first grade teacher made
me stay in from recess once and stand by her desk, crying, until I
admitted that I hadn't read a certain book without adult help even
though I in fact had easily read it by myself. The teacher was
outraged that I would say that I then took and got a 95% on the
Accelerated reader comprehension test, even though in my academic
records the guidance counselor had reported that she had administered
a reading test to me the first week of Kindergarten that indicated
that I read at a high school level.

I hope you have a nice day.

Lisa Gardner (age 9)