What was that again? Oh yeah, memory (Re: Levitation without Diamagnetics)

Did I mention the traffic incident staged by some amici curiae
during a juridical retreat?
The collective judiciary witnessed a traffic accident.
Cars crashed, a passer-by was hauled off in an ambulance.

On returning to the seminar, the judges were asked to provide
a written account of what they saw.

You can guess the punch line, I'm sure: enough to say -
distrust the eyewitness account.

(This story is so resonant, it could easily be an
urban legend though....)

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK

Sounds a bit like an incident described in a book by a popular stage
hypnotist (I'm not being deliberately vague, I don't remember). They
did an experiment where a group of very good hypnotic subjects were
identified. They then staged an armed robbery across the street from
them during a "lunch break". To "help the police" the group was then
put under hypnosis to get the facts of what happened. Suffice it to say
"so much for hypnosis as a source of super memory".

Doug Craigen
http://www.dctech.com/physics/