Re: Levitation without Diamagnetics

At 12:22 6/29/00 -0700, Bill B wrote:
.... two people came
up to Professor Ellison afterwards. One was an old lady, the other a
professor of physics.

The old lady said, 'Do you know, Professor, when the bowl of flowers
lifted I saw a grey substance between the bowl and the table and
between the legs of the table and the floor.'

The professor of physics snorted derisively. 'I don't know what all
the fuss was about, nothing moved at all!'
....the old lady saw a grey substance, but there was
no grey substance; the professor saw nothing move, when something did
move. The vision of both lady and professor was completely faulty.

William J. Beaty

Did I mention the traffic incident staged by some amici curiae
during a juridical retreat?
The collective judiciary witnessed a traffic accident.
Cars crashed, a passer-by was hauled off in an ambulance.

On returning to the seminar, the judges were asked to provide
a written account of what they saw.

You can guess the punch line, I'm sure: enough to say -
distrust the eyewitness account.

(This story is so resonant, it could easily be an
urban legend though....)

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK