Introducing waves

I created a short outline for a teaching unit on kinematics
of waves. It is supposed to follow a unit on harmonic
motion and precede wave optics. I think it is likely to
be suitable for any introductory physics course, college
or high school. Those interested may find it at:

http://alpha.montclair.edu/~kowalskiL

Click the "Introducing Waves" to see the outline. The
goal was to "reinvent" the description of an idealized wave,
y=A*sin(k*x-w*t). Nothing new or unusual but perhaps
slightly different from what one finds in many textbooks.

By the way, a unit on optical modulation can also be found
on my web site. It contains what I learned recently on this
subject. Optical modulators are used in fiber communication.

Comments will be appreciated, Ludwik Kowalski