Gas prices and types

Due to the increase of gas prices, people are trying to save money. I
have heard from a friend that if you have a car which takes super unleaded,
that you can also put regular unleaded gas in the car. I have a jeep
Cherokee and was wondering if this is bad to do for my car and for any car.
Also what is the difference between Regular unleaded, Super, Super + and
Premium. These days there is almost a new type of gas at any gas station and
I can't keep track.

If anyone can provide me some insight or some information, that would be
great.

Thanks
Daniel
mvlocals@aol.com