Exploding Pop Bottles

A chemistry professor at a local university showed me what was left of a two liter bottle that a student had exploded with dry ice.  One piece of the bottle had cut through the student's jeans and into his thigh; the injury was serious enough for stitches.  This demonstration is definitely something I would NOT show my students.  :-}  Marie