Physics for a blind student

Our disabilities coordinator has asked me if a blind student could
attend, and be successful in, my Physics class in the Fall.

I said I wasn't sure and would have to meet with the student. She is
very motivated, and has good grades thus far. She needs only Algebra
based Physics for Medical school!

I told her we could try, but that I was not familiar with any aides to
teach Physics to the bilnd. Also, that much of our work deals with
force diagrams and pictures of what is happening, and I wasn't sure how
to "translate" all of that. I told her to wait for a few weeks and I'd
ask for help to see if it's possible.

So, this is my plea for help. I feel totally out of my element in this
area. Has anyone had experience with teaching a blind student,
Physics? Is there research somewhere that could help me? I don't want
to give her false hope, and then fail to help her achieve her goal
because I was unable to find the proper methodology to convey the
material.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Peter Schoch
Sussex County Community College