Re: dissectible capacitor

Can someone explain? If some part of my explanation was not clear,
I'd be happy to try to provide additional details if the video
provides them. Carl

This effect was discovered by Benjamin Franklin. The glass becomes
strongly polarized and free charge patially neutralizes the surface
charge. It does not relax internally because glass is an insulator.

This makes a dandy demonstration. The details of the physics don't
matter; the phenomenon should be seen for its own sake.

Leigh