Re: microwave, RF heating

I assumed JD's observation/comment described an expt
where equal masses of oil and water were
simultaneously exposed to MW radiation. That might be
an interesting test? John Barrere
--- Ludwik Kowalski <KowalskiL@MAIL.MONTCLAIR.EDU>
wrote:
Opps, the last sentence should have been:

It was actually heated less fast than oil, as
expected.

But I have a question. If I place two identical
copper
cups on the hot plate for the same amount of (short)
time I can usually assume that the number of
calories
received by the fluid (in each cup) is the same. Can
the same be said about the two plastic cups with
fluids
occupying slightly different volumes inside a
microwave oven? I do not know how to answer this
question. It is not a simple "caloric convection"
mechanism.

Another comment has to do with the original 20/20 TV
program). Nothing was said about the mechanism of
the
suspected biological effect. In the case like this
one must
depend on "epidemiological data". But they did not
proved such data either. At one point they said that
somebody was looking for the correlation between the
left or right handiness (of cell phone users who got
brain
cancer) and the of the head where the cancer was
found.
But that was followed by a "small print" comment of
no conclusive evidence.
Ludwik Kowalski