Re: Cheap high voltage

If you put one at every station you'll need to be sure that the current
they can supply is VERY low or they are well screened. Remember the
fingers that may get poked into the supply. It would be a shame to stop
somebody's heart. WBN

Barlow Newbolt
Professor of Physics
Washington and Lee University
e-mail: newboltw@wlu.edu
telephone: 540-463-8881
fax: 540-463-8884
Office: Howe 218

"Had I been present at the creation, I would have given
some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe."

Alphonso X, Learned King of Spain (1252 - 1284)

billb@ESKIMO.COM 05/23/00 06:03PM >>>
American Sci & Surplus is selling 7500v power supplies for $7.75.
These
are *AC*, but are sold as "Ionizers" with a needle strip. Perhaps they
are
current-limited, but I can't really tell from the description. It's
on
the back page of the new catalog, #28701.

Build two of them into a box, each with a 20KV diode in series, for a
pos-neg electrostatic power supply? At these prices you could put one
at
every student station in the lab.

William J. Beaty SCIENCE HOBBYIST
website
billb@eskimo.com http://www.amasci.com

EE/programmer/sci-exhibits science projects, tesla, weird
science
Seattle, WA 206-781-3320 freenrg-L taoshum-L vortex-L
webhead-L