From: "Taha Mzoughi" <mzoughi@RA.MSSTATE.EDU>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2000 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: Kinematics Tutorials

Dear Colleagues:

I appreciate all of the feedback I have received. More then a hundred of
you have tried the tutorial within a day of my posting. That was very
useful.
We have used the tutorial in a small study investigating the effectiveness
of the animation on the student understanding of motion and the quantities
used to describe it. The experiment includes a second tutorial similar to
the one you have seen but without animations. We are still working on
analyzing the data. About 70 students have participated in the experiment.
We are planning a few more tests during the summer. The group working on
this experiment includes two physicists and an educational psychologist.
Your help was instrumental. We appreciate it.

Regards,

Taha