Re: electrostatic motor

Thank you all for your input on this puzzle. I've been enlightened about
what this "electric wind" is all about. To convince myself, I repeated the
candle flame experiment by putting it between two large capacitor plates so
that it would be in a uniform field. Unlike putting it near a positive or
negative wire, this time the flame changed direction when the polarity of
the plates was reversed.

Wolfgang