Re: mist maker / electrostatic motor

I think heating of the air drives the whirligig. I've never given
the "conventional" explanation.

Leigh

Heating! That's news to me. The current (from the whirlygig into the air)
is typically 1/10 microamp. I have always associated heating of the air
with more substantial currents. Has anyone any more detailed info on this
heating process? It must be complicated since the whirlygig spins around
(as opposed to statically heating the air in a fixed spot). Wolfgang