Re: mist maker

At 09:00 5/17/00 -0400, you wrote:
Using 150 V/m for the E-field at the surface of the Earth and Gauss' law, I
calculate an electron density of about 10^-9 per sq m on the surface of the
Earth. That doesn't seem like much of a source for an ion generator. Did
I miss something fundamental here? Wolfgang

As a cross check, recalling the fairweather air-Earth current as 1530 Amps,
this amounts to 3 picoamps per sq meter. (H Israel 1961)

Hehe...I see peeking at other contributions, I have the distinction of
agreeing with none of them!
Apples and Oranges, perhaps?

Brian W

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>