Re: R = V/I ?

One way to look at this issue (of defining R as V/I) is to compare
the situation with C which is always introduced as Q/V. Ignoring
extreme conditions (sparking), one may say that C does not change
when more and more Q is accumulated. On the other hand, one
can object to this by focusing on a classical electrostatic voltmeter
in which plates come closer and closer when V increases. Keeping
plates at a constant distance is as artificial as keeping a wire at a
constant temperature. So why do we accept C=V/I but not R=V/I?

Likewise definitions of L and M, may be worth examining. Or
terms used to describe a pipe circuit with a pump. We need
consistency in all these cases.
Ludwik Kowalski