Re: Optical pyrometers, was R = V/I ?

A disappearing wire pyrometer is in the same class as a grease
spot photometer - it requires that one discriminate small visual
differences by eye.
I think it's reasonable to call these instruments objective
in principle, because of their differential action, but it is
agreed that the ultimate resolution and repeatability of such
devices is not in the top grade.
Their virtue is that they can be put together at relatively
low cost.

Brian W