Re: non-linear gravitational wave solution

lutjmail wrote:
Can someone please tell me about the directly solution
of non-linear equation R_uv=0, where R_uv is the Ricci tensor. There is
no weak field condition in this equation.

I want to know the answer or the reference papers or books.

R_uv=0 is a whole family of solutions. They're called vacuum solutions because they give the set of solutions of Einstein's eq. of gravitation that correspond to  a region of spacetime without matter sources.
They're highly non-linear and coupled and in 3+1 dimensions they're a set of 10 eqs (16 but in symmetric gravity they reduced to 10).
To get introduced to the field:
Schutz, B.F. (1980) A first course in general gravity. Cambridge U.P.
More advanced:
Wald. R. (1982) General Relativity The U. of Chicago P.
The reference cited by somebody else Exact Sol. of Einstein's Field Equations is a good technical reference to both solutions with the Ricci  tensor = 0 and with matter content (Ricci nonzero).
cheers,
mario
Mario Diaz
Associate Professor of Physics-Department of Physical Sciences
Interim Chair - Department of Engineering Technology
University of Texas at Brownsville
mdiaz@utb1.utb.edu    Voice:956-5746641    FAX: (956) 574-6692
http://utopia.utb.edu/mario