[Fwd: Computer virus warning]

thought I'd clutter up the list with this titbit.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Computer virus warning
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 07:12:46 -0700
From: lindey cloud <upte@scruznet.com>
To: UPTE list server <upte-list@igc.topica.com>

----------cut
By yesterday afternoon, this virus was being transmitted with
other "Subject" headings such as "I Miss You" and some other
luring titles (though you've probably read abou this particular
virus if you read the newspaper). Though the worst of this is
probably over, please exercise extreme caution as this can
bring entire networks down. This may appear to come from
someone you know because it gets into the address book and
mails your lists when you open it.

Because we have become so dependent on computers in our day
to day life, this not so little episode illustrates the
importance of taking our anti-virus software seriously.

Oh yes.....if you don't want to lose it, back it up.

Lindey