Re: Kelvin quote

I'm looking for the quote by Kelvin that physics was done. I may have
found it here, but unsubstantiated, in the "Of Physics" section in
<http://members.tripod.com/~zoam/kelvquote.html>; it says, "There is
nothing new to be discovered in physics now, All that remains is more and
more precise measurement." But I'd like a more complete quote in context
with citation and date. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Larry

Bill Beattie gives us this quote:

"The more important fundamental laws and facts of physical science have
all been discovered, and these are now so firmly established that the
possibility of their ever being supplanted in consequence of new
discoveries is exceedingly remote.... Our future discoveries must be
looked for in the sixth place of decimals."

-Albert. A. Michelson, speech given in 1894 at the dedication of Ryerson
Physics Lab, Univ. of Chicago,

Leigh