Re: textbook touchstones

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernard G. Cleyet & Nancy Ann Seese"
"Van E. Neie" wrote:

I suppose we also need to decide how what is "right" is
decided. I've seen
several postings on this list that essentially take the stand "everybody
always
gets this wrong", meaning, I suppose, "I know what's right and all the
other
people don't." I think it's entirely appropriate to voice objections to
something that you don't agree with, but it has to be done in a way that
doesn't put other people down because they think differently. I learn a
lot
from these discussions, but I suspect several "lurkers" on the list
remain just
that for fear of being made to look foolish.

Hey, this is e-mail. I'd think the anonymity would liberate the thin
skinned.

From many 'off-list' and face-to-face discussions, I can assure you that it
doesn't.

Rick