From: David Bowman <David_Bowman@GEORGETOWNCOLLEGE.EDU>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: 2000 May 05 2:58 AM
Subject: Re: Confirmation of Relativity (correction)

Oops! It looks like I made an error in my previous post concerning the
threshold orbital radius for the time dilation effect on the Earth to
exceed the time dilation effect on an Earth-orbiting satellite (in a
circular orbit). I had claimed that that threshold orbital radius was
twice the radius of the Earth. Today I rechecked my math from last night
and I found an error. The correct threshold orbital radius is 3/2 times
the Earth's radius (rather than 2 times). It seems I don't do my best
work after midnight.

Sorry about the confusion.

David Bowman
David_Bowman@georgetowncollege.edu