Modern Physics for a non-science student

Hi all,

I have a very bright student (college sophmore) that would like to take
an independent study in modern physics with some math (intensive algebra
is fine). Anybody have some suggested texts that we could use. I am
most interested in a decent look at Quantum Mechanics without the
differential equations but which still gives a reasonable feel for the
mathematical underpinnings. Any ideas?

David