Re: brightness vrs. power

Further, in their Instructor's Manual, they write: "In our experience,
students who have previously studied electric circuits have almost
always over-generalized Ohm's law, confusing it with the Kirchhoff
loop rule. They tend to think that V = IR is a fundamental physical
principle rather than merely describing the approximate behavior of
some materials (if the temperature doesn't change much)."

Is it my imagination or were "Kirchoff's rules" once known as
"Kirchoff's Laws"? I used to think they were called laws, until I got
to that part of the text when I first taught intro physics. Now I'm not
sure if my memory is playing tricks on me or what.

Doug Craigen
http://www.dctech.com/physics/