Re: Joule-Thomson Experiment

I assume that the "microscopic level" was a typing error.
T and P are macroscopic parameters and you are probably
asking for a microscopic level explanation of what happens
at the macroscopic level.

Without checking any references I am inclined to think
that the dissipation of energy (by molecules) in "long
zig-zag tunnels of the plug" is an important factor.

Nexus wrote:

I would like to know why (at the microscopic level) there is a change
in temperature and pressure when a continuous stream of gas pass
through a porous plug inside a pipe.