Re: cosmology and quantum gravity

Forgive me, please, for being inarticulate. I thought that I was
clear in restricting my comments to the mathematical blowing up.
Let me try again: the description of gravity in the conventional
(Schwarzchild) coordinates requires the coordinates to have a singularity
at the event horizon. I was silent as to the physical consequences of
that singularity, which requires an interpretation in the language of
clocks and measuring rods.
David Bowman has now described at some length the consequences
of approaching and crossing over the event horizon. Implicit in his
discussion is the fact that there is physics involved in setting up a
coordinate system, because the coordinate system implies the manner of
making time and distance measurements.
Regards,
Jack

Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>