Re: Physics Myth (?) #1

A similar experiment has been do to invert the image so the retina sees the
image right side up, etc etc

Jim Green

At 17:36 28 04 2000 , you wrote:
My youngest son had a bad case of wandering eye, surgery could only
correct part of the problem. The doctor prescribed glasses with a prism
in one lens that would cause a normal sighted person to see a split
image, one higher than the other. On my son the split cause his
wandering eye to move to a location that would correct the split. This
strengthened the muscle enough to effect a "cure."

Just for fun I put on his glasses and wore them for about 2 hours. At
first I saw a split image but then my eye move and the split was
resolved. One eye lower than the other. When I took the glasses off I
saw, without the glasses, a split image that took about 30 minutes to
resolve. It took that long for my "corrected" eye to move to its' normal
place.

Ray Rogoway

--
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep