Re: Grading Oral Presentations

Concerning evaluation of oral presentations:

One of our occasional majors' courses is "Oral Presentation Methods in
Physics" - I use a series of evaluation instruments, depending on the level
of presentation (we cover everything from practical hints on leading small
groups to full-blown research presentations). I can make the instruments
and the criteria (which are shared with the students in advance) available
in Word attachments for those who may want to examine them. Contact me
off-list.

The instruments are also used for peer evaluation - with the weighting of
the peer component decreasing through the term (student evaluations at the
beginning of the term are 50%, I grade the final presentation with no
student responses.)
"The least knowledge which one can have of
higher things is worth more
than the most certain knowledge of lesser things."
- Thomas Aquinas
George Spagna
Department of Physics
Randolph-Macon College
P.O. Box 5005
Ashland, VA 23005-5505
phone: (804) 752-7344 FAX (804) 752-4724
e-mail: gspagna@rmc.edu
http://www.rmc.edu/~gspagna/