Re: Hollow Earth

At 12:00 24 04 2000 , you wrote:
On Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:12:21 -0600 Jim Green wrote:

> I think that a competent scientist would at least incorporated these ideas
> somewhere in the dark reaches of his/her mind -- rather than feel something
> like "I don't believe it therefore it is total nonsense".

Then either I am not a competent scientist or else you thought wrongly.
I will state that I believe that hollow Earth theory is nonsense.

Leigh, I will resist the obvious temptation (:-) and just point out that
there are other options. I was trying to say that over the years several
respected scientists have entertained (if not embraced) the idea of a
hollow Earth. We might at least remember this before we go off on a solo
journey of sorts.

But then there are legions who enjoy solo sea voyages -- some of whom don't
even bother with a sufficient oar or two.

My personal feeling about a hollow Earth is about the same as yours ....
but then again .......

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen