Re: Ranque-Hilsche Vortex tube

Title: RE: Ranque-Hilsche Vortex tube

DS:  This will not be very helpful but possibly interesting.  When I was a high school teacher in 1960, one of my students built a set of such devices and did some rudimentary experiments as a class project.  He actually got some pretty amazing temperature differences.  I, too, looked for explanations that I could (a) understand and (b) believe.  I gave up too soon to keep this from remaining the empty set.  I'm sure I have long since lost all my material on this topic.

It may help your search if you know that back then I think these things were called Hilsche tubes rather than R-H tubes.

Howard Voss