Re: Nanoclusters

At 8:39 AM -0700 4/15/00, Ben Crowell wrote:
There is a group in Denmark that has studied how clusters of atoms
like sodium behave. There are striking similarities to nuclear physics,
and some of the same magic numbers emerge. I think there was an
article in Physics Today 3-5 years ago.

I attended a series of six lectures on clusters given by guest lecturer
Larry Bartel (from University of Michigan, I believe) in grad school 13
years ago. He was then considered a leader in the field, but I believe he
is now emeritus.

Larry