Re: active learning for special relativity

The New World of Mr. Tompkins adresses this rotation when the professor
and Mr. Tompkins meet on a holiday. A purist may not be happy with the
additions to Gamow's work, but, I've found the book entertaining so far!

#I think that it is fair to say that noone who rides a bicycle at .8 x
#the speed of light should expect to see the world in exactly the way
#that Mr. Thompkins does. I think that this is what is referred to in
#the article you speak about. WBN

#Jack was referring to Terrell rotation, a (now) well understood
#result. Gamow was writing before Terrell published his Phys Rev
#article and enlightened us all.
#
#Leigh

David Kulp Thinking Different since 1984.
david@nuclear.physics.gatech.edu