Re: Teaching for tests, was PHYS-L Digest

At 3:30 PM -0500 2/29/00, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

Other boys knew how to swim (I) but did not. So I pretended.
Jumping on one leg I was splashing energetically with another
while my hands were engaged in the expected kind of motion.
After a week or so I was really swimming.

This is what LifeGuards are for.

You were ok as long as you stayed in water that was not too deep.

Hopefully, a lifeguard was on hand in case you slipped.

And yes, teachers need to serve as lifeguards as students try to swim
and occasionally get in water that is over their heads!

britton@academic.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936