Re: relativistic mass

Ok, maybe I don't need relativistic mass, but if I don't use it I am
going to have to start revamping a lot of my explanations. For example,
I always say that the reason that the frequency of an electron
synchor-tron is not constant is because the inertia of the electron
changes as it becomes more energetic-that is, it becomes more massive.
WBN

Barlow Newbolt
Professor of Physics
Washington and Lee University
e-mail: newboltw@wlu.edu
telephone: 540-463-8881
fax: 540-463-8884
Office: Howe 218

"Had I been present at the creation, I would have given
some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe."

Alphonso X, Learned King of Spain (1252 - 1284)