Re: PSEUDO-SCIENCE ?

Is it fair to assume that most people are not horrified by the
attempt to consider mathematics to be a science? I expected
a lot of objections but nobody commented on the attempt
(see below).

By the way: I used to be in the "Department of Physics-
Geoscience" but now Physics is in the department of
"Mathematical Sciences". The Geoscience component of
my old department became part of the "Environmental
Science" while the "Computer Science" component of
the old math is now a separate departments.

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

"Glenn A. Carlson" wrote:

... I don't consider geometry or algebra to be sciences,
because mathematicians don't use the scientific method.

The last sentence can be challenged by those who believe that
"proving theorems with computers" is an experimental component
of mathematics. And by those who observe how mathematicians
actually work, not how they present the products of their work in
textbooks. I read recently that proofs were often produced after the
discoveries. Numerical and graphical experimentation was always
part of mathematics.