Re: Grant

Dear Listers

Our school has been lucky enough to have recieved a grant of $7000.00 to
purchase probes and software for the MAC and IBM (clone) computers. We are
purchasing four of each of the probes sold by Vernier. I am now looking for
experiments written by teachers that we could adopt or adapt for our use. We
will not be using the calculator based system (CBL) but rather a new
computer based system being released by Vernier. If you are willing to share
your experiments you may send them via email in either Word or Acrobat
format. Please send directly to my email address rather than the group. I
will resend any labs recieved to any individuals who may want them. Do you
have any good Web Sites that may have any labs? We are talking both
chemistry and physics experiments.

Thank you very much for your assistance. I will be happy to share any
experiments that I may write with any one who wishes to see them.

Thank you,
Jim

jharris@top.monad.net
jharris@mailhs.sau38.k12.nh.us
Monadnock Regional High School

Jim, check with Warren Hein at the AAPT Exec Office. The Powerful Ideas
Project will have units on Motion and Force using such equipment out
shortly. You could also check with Ron Thornton at Tufts in Boston. Ask
him about Tools for Scientific Thinking and Real-Time Physics. Third, but
not least, consult with Priscilla Laws at Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA
about the Workshop Physics Project.

Dewey

(Please note domain "idbsu" is no longer valid.)
Dewey I. Dykstra, Jr. Phone: (208)426-3105
Professor of Physics Dept: (208)426-3775
Department of Physics/MCF421/418 Fax: (208)426-4330
Boise State University dykstrad@email.boisestate.edu
1910 University Drive Boise Highlanders
Boise, ID 83725-1570 novice piper: GHB, Uilleann

"As a result of modern research in physics, the ambition and hope,
still cherished by most authorities of the last century, that physical
science could offer a photographic picture and true image of reality
had to be abandoned." --M. Jammer in Concepts of Force, 1957.

"If what we regard as real depends on our theory, how can we make
reality the basis of our philosophy? ...But we cannot distinguish
what is real about the universe without a theory...it makes no sense
to ask if it corresponds to reality, because we do not know what
reality is independent of a theory."--S. Hawking in Black Holes
and Baby Universes, 1993.