Re: metal conductivity (fwd)

Leigh Palmer wrote:

A better question would be "What is responsible for making a
material a good conductor of electricity or heat?"

My answer to this "better question" is that the number of free
electrons per cubic centimeter is the decisive factor. But I would
not be surprised to learn that other factors are also important.
What is the correct answer? [Some "crystal corridors" may be
more resistive than others.]
Ludwik Kowalski