Curriculum Coverage

My just got word that we are going to offer an AP B course next year.  We already have an AP C program as well as an Honors Physics (trig based) and a Regular Physics (conceptual).  Over the years we have observed good physics students opt out of AP Physics because of the calculus.  We would like to develop the AP B program for these students, while still motivated in physics.

My question is this.  Since 1st year honors physics is supposed to be a survey course from Mechanics to EM, I find myself not covering as much material as I would like. I do get through mechanics but run out of time during the EM and Modern physics.

Can someone that offers both Honors Physics and AP Physics B, please share with me their class syllabus.

Do we offer AP Physics B as a first year introductory course or as a continuation of Honors Physics 1 (kinda like a Physics 2 and plan to only cover half the material the first year in Honors Physics 1)  If this is the case, are we short changing the students that are not planning to take the second year course.

or

Do we Teach AP Physics B from Mechanics to EM to Modern, knowing that the students have been exposed to the Mechanics material and spend the time to expand on the foundation?

We never had this trouble in AP C (for calculus reasons as well as the split Mechanics and EM testing)

Please help me in this.  I am interested how you do it.

Secondly, we are having a difficult time in deciding on the appropriate manner of introducing the class.  AP C, after passing the test with an appropriate score, is generally accepted for physics credit ( I stress GENERALLY) and most students are aware of this.  AP B, if this list hasn't steered me wrong, is generally accepted as an elective credit in the universities and possibly as a science credit in the community colleges.  This is not so well known to students.  How do you explain this to your classes before next years registration to draw them to the class?

John Carr
Physics Department
Eau Gallie High School
Melbourne, Florida