Re: superheated water

WB!

Aren't you the one who suggested the use of NE-2's to detect the nodes (or is it
anti-nodes?) in the micro-wave (resonant chamber)?

I've just returned from the kitchen. Being penurious I used potatoes and carrots.
The potatoes (cut into rect-para-pipeds) clearly show the hot spots.

The carrots more clearly show them very approx. 5 cm apart (cooked spots while the
remaining is hard). In one trial I removed the glass plate so I could verify that
the bottom spot was v.~ 5 cm. above the bottom. (Recall the boundary condix.) I
disabled the Al fan after the fourth trial -- didn't make much diff. -- a
surprise. May be that's why modern 'waves use carousels (in addition to the fan?).
When I cook, I heat for 2', wait a few min. for the heat to "spread" and heat again,
repeating 'till done. The cook books recommend stirring -- non poss. w/ chick or
potat's. I do reposition the dish each time