Re: convert light into energy

I was only reacting to an attempt to make some attributes
(of physical things) more real than others. You are bringing
an interesting topic. I hope somebody will address the issue
of "what is real" in physics. Also in which way the so-called
"mathematical objects" differ from physical objects?
Ludwik Kowalski

Joseph Bellina wrote:

I'm jumping into this late as usual, and perhaps this has been said,
but such a position, the instrumentalist one, as I see it, presents
problems if one wants to make any claims about reality...in this
model, what is real, and what is instrument for understanding?
On what basis do you justify such a conceptual cut?