Re: convert light into energy

At 14:38 02 02 2000 , you wrote:
Leigh Palmer wrote:

> ... Energy is not a thing; it is not real. It is just a number
> that we calculate by canon. ...

The same is true for temperature, force, speed, acceleration,
mass, charge, angle, number, wavelength, color, etc. We invent
concepts to describe things (real objects) and their interactions.
How can a physicist disagree with this?
Ludwik Kowalski

Ludwik, I don't see a problem here -- unless we start talking about the
velocity of the wavelength, the motion of blue, the transport of pi.

Properties don't move independently from an associated object -- a blue
ball can move but blue does not move independently from the ball. Charge
does not move independently from the electron (what ever that is). The same
is true for all the PROPERTIES mentioned above.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen