Re: convert light into energy

OK, so a photon is an object with definite momentum-energy, zero mass, and
unit spin. You may prepare a state with a pair of photons and by
manipulating the spin of one you can affect the spin of the other, even
though the two are widely (spacelike) separated. You cannot, however,
transmit information by such a process.
Regards,
Jack

Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>