Re: convert light into energy

Leigh Palmer wrote:

While what Jim says is both true and important, many teachers refuse
to appreciate it. Slow down and think, folks! Energy is not a thing;
it is not real. It is just a number that we calculate by canon. It
has utility, indeed, but it has neither corporality nor reality, and
as such it cannot be expressed with purity either.

Help me here. In the same context, power is not a thing neither?