Re: Quantum question?

But you did not confine yourself to a single photon, which was
the challenge. And, strangely enough, and depending on the measurement,
a single photon is pretty darn close to being an energy eigenstate.
One can certainly see the interference pattern after many photons
have entered the apparatus, but that is not a measurement on a single
photon.
It is single photon measurements that one uses to detect particles
such a the neutral pion or the eta.
Regards,
Jack

Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>