Re: no lab facilities

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Chuck Britton wrote:

At 12:36 PM -0500 1/26/00, Richard W. Tarara wrote:

you can get decent stop watches for under $10,
^^^^^^
In this great country of ours (US of A - sorry for the moment of
chauvinism) the word 'DECENT' means VERY different things to
different people. Especially here in the Bible Belt.

I would NOT call the <$10 stopwatches 'decent' unless your budget for
yearly expendables is sufficient to replace them regularly. YMMV but
I find that you 'get what you pay for' with stop watches.

FWIW, I've found the student timers from PASCO ($63 per dozen) pretty
reasonable and reliable for their price. Previously, I bought the $6
K-mart type stopwatches which typically did not make it through the
semester.

| Robert Cohen Department of Physics |
| East Stroudsburg University |
| bbq@esu.edu East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 |